6 Things Your Freelance Copywriter Should Have:
1. Transparent pricing. I avoid hourly rates like the plague, but those who use them should provide an estimate prior to taking on a new project to avoid those awful surprise bills.
2. A set schedule so you know when s/he’s available to you.
3. A clear understanding of your brand’s voice, personality, and customer profile.
4. A strategy behind the work s/he’s producing (with a clear end goal in mind).
5. A legal business entity—duh.
6. A willingness to accept constructive criticism (AKA: professionalism).